Thursday, January 11, 2007

Price for Life

"It's high time you fell in love," my freind said to me.
"But that costs, my friend. Like everything else in the world," I wanted to say but did not.
"And moreover there should be somebody worth the loss to be incurred, somebody who can make up for it. And I haven't found one yet," I only thought to myself.
This thought led to so many other things that 'living' costs. Including life of course.

Living here costs you your life,
Quest for peace requires a strife,
Breathing here causes pain;
Everything's to lose, nothing to gain.
There's a price to pay
For every word you say,
And there's something to lose
For every thing you chose.
This freedom you have is not for free;
You're tied in shackles, docile like a tree,
Dead like leaf straying with the wind
Lost like a dog, nowhere to find.
You've lived in fetters all thro' the age
Always prisoned in thses unreal walls,
And like an insect the freedom crawls.
All great heights you've reached
Are the depths you sank to while you preached
Life is a gift to be fondly cherished,
But you forgot it in the way, so it perished.

No comments: